- When did you make your decision to dedicate yourlife to your chosen sport?
"Through out high school but it wasn't untilI moved to Maui in 89 when I finished high school that my decision startedbeing real, windsurfing was just the one thing that made me the happiest."
- What's the best thing that happened to you inthe past year?
"In family together with my wife we beenenjoying her pregnancy and birth of Teo, he was born on March23 2006, and Lunaturned 4 years old 2 months after. In windsurfing last month we were ridingwaves with a couple of friends in BrandonBay until 10PM and my windsurfingbusiness keeps on growing, letting us get closer to the sport we love."
- What are your plans for the next 12 months?
"Keep a nice balance between family, mywindsurfing brand, bussines, traveling and off-course, "time in thewater""
- How do you see your sport evolving in the next 5years?
"A lot of kids are getting into it, they arealready pushing the limits in every angle, together with all the evolution ofthe equipment and the improved distribution/communication and experience of thesport as a whole, IS IS CLEAR WINDSURFING HAS THE GREATEST POTENTIAL OF ALLSPORTS.
- Who do you think is doing a good job of pushingthe sport at the moment, and what are they doing differently?
"For what I see at the moment everybody isdoing a good job, today most of the people involve in windsurfing is doing itfor the passion they have tours it more than any other reason."
- Have you been filming recently, and who with?What can the kids see you in?
"We just released our first FWD movie with myfriends/partners a couple of months ago, for a preview go towww.goyaboards.com"
- Do you ever feel burnt out, and what do to turnthings around?
"Sometimes I get overwhelm when I look at thewhole pile infront of me, the best solution I found for that is to just dealwith one thing at a time and give it all to each moment, eventually the lightstarts coming in and after the day/month/year I realize all that focus andpassion is one way of realizing any dream."
- What advice would you give to any kids wantingto turn pro?
"Believe in your dreams! That is whyyou have them.Yes, it is worth it!"
- Other than your chosen sport, what else are youpassionate about?
"I'm learning to enjoy more things as I grewup. Yoga feels great, I been also doing this 2 day trips on my bicycle aroundthe island that are magic."
- Where on this planet would you like to retire to,and why?
"verywhere, I don't see myzelf in one place,I really enjoy traveling, it is so refreshing, makes home (Maui) so much morealive everytime I come back."
- What are you doing tomorrow?
"A Litte of everything. I'm in Argentina fora couple of weeks visiting friends and family and if the forecast is good I'mout here riding."
- If your life wasn't what it already is, what doyou think you'd be doing instead?
"Hard to imagine, but sure something relatedwith water, open spaces, travel, sports and off cours challenges."
- What's the best thing about riding for O'Neill?
"It's a company that believes inindividuals!"